View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 07:51 PM   #15
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
To import players create a txt file using Notepad. I suggest you create a file for each team and import one team at a time. Then verify that the team is populated correctly. It's very easy to make a mistake. For the Yankees expand on the following example.

jeterde01, 1999,nyy
mantlmi01, 1957,nyy
gehrilo01, 1927,nyy

The nyy follows the abbreviation used on the league & teams settings page. This is the destination team so you can assign players to any team you wish. Select the year you want. You may have to use multiple databases to import the mix of players.Negro League players may not be in the historical database.

I also found that the IDs for Foster and Mendez are different than previous posts.

foster002bil
mendez005jos

If you use the current MLB setup and delete all players and any leagues you don't want, the teams will have their current stadium assigned.
great write up.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote