View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #9
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
yes, you can create a text file to import more than one player.
you will need the player ID followed by a coma and then a space and then the year you want him to import. i believe you can only import players for one year at a time, but i am not certain, as i've never tried to do anything but the one year.
you will need to say if they are for the draft or FA. Everything is pretty much the same as regular one player import, except you leave the top line blank, put the year you want the players in the second line, be certain of your data base and be certain to check the box for minor leagues as well. Then you click on the line that says something about text file. (i'm not at my game computer, so the verbiage escapes me at the moment.) You need to save the text file to your computer before you try to import and then use that location when it asks you where the text file is located. Below is a very small sample of what you need and what the text file would look like.

foster049wil, 1922
mendez049jos, 1922

good luck.
Excellent writeup, except that you'd want to bring Mendez in circa 1906, when he's still a whippersnapper.

EDIT: I may be wrong on this as I've never done it, but if you want the 18-year old Mendez, I would think bringing in 1906 Mendez would do the trick. I always import one at a time, so I don't get confused.

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-24-2018 at 10:15 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote