View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #25
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Development Report

Got the last development update before the season start (I swear I'll start playing games soon). We haves some winners and losers.

Winners: Gus got a boost to acceleration which will go a long way to keeping him on the team, while he's fast enough already the faster he gets the longer he will stay fast enough to stay with the team. B. Schenn upped his checking game, helping his lackluster defensive game. His brother, L. Schenn, also improved in a needed area as he gained some acceleration. Wayne Simmonds got even better at scoring as he looks to become a threat to get 30 goals. Wellwood's worst defensive aspect was shot blocking, so to see that improves gets me really excited for his future on the PK. Morin and McGinn both made strides to improve their strides.

And the big winners were: Couturier who became a better all around center as he improved his passing and faceoffs. And 19 year old Taylor Leier, who has boarderline offensive skills already, improving his passing and agility as he gets ready for another year in the WHL.

Losers: Jeff Halpern dodges a bullet by losing taking hits in three categories without hurting his stock (his faceoffs are still tops on the team, he isn't a fighter, and teamplay is an offensive skill), but three hits is still a lot early in the season. 4th line center is a hole that will have to be filled next year if VandeVelde cannot step in, speaking of his name not appearing on the development list has not gone unnoticed. At only 28 Gervais and Rosehill's lost skating abilities makes them expendable. Timonen's decent in the offensive zone could lead to him losing his PP time to another option. But the biggest hit of all came when Scott Hartnell's faceoffs went down for the SECOND MONTH IN A ROW!

SERIOUSLY SCOTT!? YOU HAVE TO FIX THIS! IF YOU CAN'T TAKE FACEOFFS I'M MOVING YOU TO THE WING.... oh.