View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #14
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

League Settings - NCAA

The top feeder league is an 86-team NCAA league.

Feeder League Settings
Players come in at age 18 and all players are created at that age. A few high schoolers will make their way into the league as well. They become draft-eligible at 21.

DH Rule
Everyone gets a DH!

Roster Rules
I did a lot of testing with feeder leagues and settled on these rosters to manipulate the available draft talent and minimize the amount of zero potential free agents every year.

Playoffs
The playoffs are a March Madness style 32 team tournament with one game each, mostly so the playoffs don't get so long that they run past the MLB draft date.

Fictional Player Settings
Players are created at 18 and a full 15% come from random countries - that's a lot of foreign exchange students.This may be my favorite part of this game. Players come from all over the place and with the mods in place, they have some really unique names.

Modifiers
I left these as standard.

AI Roster Settings
These settings help increase the amount of hitters and starting pitching and decrease the amount of relievers in the draft. OOTP just doesn't create pitchers correctly in Feeder Leagues looking forward to the MLB draft so this is what I've done to mitigate it.

Strategic Tendencies
The strategic tendencies are edited a bit from the MLB to go with the 6-man rotation and tiny bullpen.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote