View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

DELMARVA Baseball League - WBC Tourney (2039)

A World Baseball Classic DelMarVa Baseball League Style
As a second spin-off from my DelMarVa Baseball League I will be running my second World Baseball Classic type of tournament. I created the regions to make the tourney a little more competitive, trying to balance the "world" and the US power. So, there will be 4 teams from the US and 8 teams from different country or regions.

The format of the tournament will be the same as the 2037 versions, 3 groups, each group will have 4 teams. The teams will play each other 3 times, for a total of 6 games. The winner of the groups will move forward to the single elimination tree. Since, I needed 1 more team I decided to add a wild-card game. The wild card teams will be the top-2 teams from the remaining 9 teams. If there is a tie there will be a playoff game to determine who moves on. This is what happened time year a 3-way tie for the final wild-card slot. It made the play-in a little more exciting.

The 6 teams moving on to a single elimination style tournament, will be seeded based on winning percentage, with the 2 wild-card teams, playing an extra game to see who will play the #1 seed. The winner of the single elimination tourney will be crowned the champion.

League Notes: This is the DBL as of 11/25/2039, I made a copy of the league so I don't interfere with my off-season, and I removed all injuries, and fatigue just so everyone is ready.

There are 30-man rosters and the DH will be used.

Now on to the tourney breakdown

Group A: United States
Team 1 is Team USA - DelMarVa, which consists of players from the original 3-states of the DBL, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and DC.
Team 2 is Team USA - North England, which is basically New England along with New York. The abbreviation NE is sometimes confused as New England. The states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Team 3 is Team USA - East, which consists a mix of states from PA to FL: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia
Team 4 is Team USA - West, which consists of the rest of the states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming

Group B: Americas/Caribbean
Team 1 is South America, which consists of mostly of players from Venuzuela, and a few from Colombia.
Team 2 is the Domincan Republic, this team is made of all Dominican players.
Team 3 is Puerto Rico, a team made up of all Puerto Rican players and other Caribbean territories.
Team 4 is Central America - Mexico, which consists mostly of Mexican and Panamanian players, with some other from Nicaragua and Cost Rica.

Group C: Europe/Asia
Team 1 is Asia and Africa, this team consists primarily of Japanese players, but there are some from Korea and Taiwan as well.
Team 2 is Canada and Europe, this team consists of players from Canada and a few from Germany and Italy.
Team 3 is Cuba and Russia, which is made up of all Cuban players and one Russian (I think).
Team 4 is Dutch Territories and Australia, which is made up of primarily of players from Australia with other players from the Nederlands, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and St Martin.

I put the USA teams in the same bracket thinking they would dominate but looking at the rosters, I am not 100% sure that will happen, as Team Dominican and Team Puerto Rico isn't as "awesome" as they were last season as I removed USA as one of their territories (what an oversight failure)...

In 2037 Team USA - New England surprisingly took down Team Puerto Rico 4-3 in the final last running. Last years MVP was Tyrone Jackson who played for Team Puerto Rico, but this season he won't be suiting up for the tourney. I am not sure why, but I guess Bermuda isn't represented and since he doesn't have a "home town" in the USA he wasn't eligible. Sort of stinks, but it is what it is, I will make sure 2041 is different.

I will be managing Team USA - DelMarVa.

Now onto the teams and player introductions...
Attached Images

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..

Last edited by illeracula; 03-21-2018 at 02:29 PM.
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote