View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 09:25 AM   #5
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Since it is easier to show you what I did, rather than to try to re-type my post above, I have uploaded the actual spreadsheet I used to create a schedule that would be very similar to what you need.

Here is the spreadsheet that shows how I did this rotation in another schedule request. This schedule also required a game against a non div opp each div series because of the 7 team per div, but the concept is the same. The schedule file will be confusing at first, but once you see the non div matchups worksheet you will see how it works and see that this will work great for you. Focus on the non div worksheet and the sched gen worksheets Also note that by doing it the way I did it also allowed the schedule not to have any long home or away series. The sister division format actually creates a block to prevent long series. Down side in this format (7 teams in div) it left some 3 game home stands/road trips. This will not happen with your format of 6 teams. Another thing you will notice is that the schedules are truly custom and not a cookie cutter schedule. If you have any questions about the spreadsheet, just ask. I like to show how I do it so that others may try to create their own schedules. We need more people doing these. I just started doing these again, after a long break, and noticed that many requests have went unanswered over the past few years.

I have the file in openoffice format also (smaller file) if any one wants it.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 28 Team 7-7-7-7.xls (647.0 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by SandMan; 08-19-2016 at 09:53 AM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote