View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

There are some adjustments which I mention in the readme file. Also, I've been tweaking a bit as I look at OOTP behavior. I would like to add unis but it will take me months to complete I'm afraid.

operational things to consider

1. High School players that are drafted by ML teams but don't sign go to college. (standard functionality)

2. Go to each high school association at under the players tab in league settings, change maximum age to 15 (you can't change it before the game creates because you need a balanced team age wise but after that if you change this variable to 15 you will only get new freshmen going forward)

3). If you want the college playoffs to retain integrity, then move the amateur draft back to the end of June. OOTP removes all the players in the pool (drafted or not) and the NCAA playoffs run until late June.

4. I have been trying to implement a player draft for the colleges, but haven't found a way to implement it yet (I can create the event, but can't get the pool filled). So I have done it manually. Right after the MLB amateur draft OOTP fills all the colleges with players (if you adjust their player creation max age to 19, it will help this process). Go in and find all the 19 year olds in the NCAA and delete them. Then manually draft all the remaining 19 year old free agents (it will be those players not drafted). That will get them in college. (NOTE: the high schools are filled after their playoffs end in late May early June, they release the draft eligible players, so no issues here).

5. I haven't tried independent leagues yet with this, but since undrafted players are free agents, I would assume the independent leagues will start signing them. You could of course do a manual draft. (BTW, After the initial player draft that fills all the teams, I delete all the free agents. They only get in the way. If they aren't drafted in the 216 rounds, they probably have no chance.

There may be other things as I investigate and tweak, but those steps will get you the progression.

Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote