View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

The Goal of This Dynasty

... will be to recast England as though it became a baseball country, and replicate the professional league's development there along the same lines as how the Football League actually did develop. To me, that line of development feels the mostly likely to have actually happened, had baseball actually taken root way back when. It won't be an exact replicate, and I will change some things here and there for ease of management or the sake of what I think is a better storyline, but it will be as close as I can reasonably make it without making myself too crazy over minute details (which I have already done too much of as it is).

That means I will be rotating the same clubs into the Baseball League that played in the Football League during the same years they rotated in IRL, at least as a starting point. The difference is that I will let the seasons play out independent of my direct input and allow the clubs who win to have a chance to advance through history as the dominant teams of English baseball, if that's how it plays out. IOW, I won't be forcing Man U or Liverpool or Man City or whoever to become dominant in the Baseball League, just because that's how it happened in football. Maybe it will turn out to be Luton Town or Preston North End or Coventry City who dominate. Who knows. We'll see.

This also means I won't be taking control of a team and trying to pilot it to victory or dominance. All I'm going to do is play "God", meaning I will establish and adjust the parameters through history that the teams will play under, and the teams (i.e., AI) will take it from there, throughout the entire history. I don't know if that's practical or whether there will be some "gotcha" I haven't thought of. I guess we'll find that out together, won't we?

Also, because I am "God" in this universe and not an owner with a vested interest, I won't be playing out the season game by game and posting exhaustive updates on cup races and whatnot. I will sim the entire season and provide results, including standings, league leaders, prospects, financial reports and, if practical, I will generate an almanac and upload it for folks to download and peruse, if they like. There are a lot of seasons to cover here. I couldn't live long enough to manage this playing games on a day by day basis and reach the present day and beyond, which is my eventual goal.

In addition to results posts, I will also seed in two other types of posts: "news stories" from the years we will be traversing through; and out-of-context (OOC) posts describing how I am managing this league to reflect as close to a reality as possible, to give you an insider's look into how this is being done. The news stories won't be actual real-life stories, but they will be written as though they did happened and will use real life as a guide for subject matter and development. It's a bit hard to explain, so you'll see what I mean as things progress. I will try to remember to put the news stories and other posts written in a "you are there" manner in Georgia font; the OOC posts will be in normal font.

Last edited by chucksabr; 08-29-2014 at 11:12 PM.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote