View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Introducing the Fox Open Sports Platform

The Fox Open Sports Platform

Well it’s been almost a year since version 0.2 of the OOWP was released so I think it’s time to give a little update on the state of the project.

Despite both an extended summer break and then an almost six month hiatus when I got burned out in October, I did jump on a number of important changes for a version 0.3 release for this project last year. These included starting to rework the Open Web Toolkit into a library of sports and sim agnostic functions and tools. This went pretty well and was starting to get in good shape before I packed it in for the winter (a long cold one at that).

I thank the OOTP 14 beta for waking me up and getting me excited about this project again (mostly due to the SQL dump enhancements). I’m also very glad to announce that a 0.3 release was a lot further along than I had originally thought and is now due to arrive on Monday October 28, 2013!

Here’s what’s coming in this exciting 0.3 update:

A new name and direction

The library has already undergone two name changes (OOTP Open Web Dashboard and OOWP) as I’ve refined and changed the focus of the project, and the new name reflects a move to an even more open direction. It illustrates that the platform not only supports the development of web mods for Out of the Park Baseball, but is now being expanded to include any other sports sims that allow for SQL data exports.

NOTE: The first non-baseball game I hope to integrate with will be the forthcoming Franchise Hockey Manager and I've already reached out to JeffR and Sebastian about that.

Changes to the platform include:
  • The Open Sports Toolkit (OST) 0.3 – Serves as a collection of libraries and helper functions that allow for the abstraction of statistical data across different sports and sim game sources.

• Online League Manager 0.3 – Some cosmetic changes, bug fixes and performance improvements.

• OOTP Playoffs 0.1 – My own custom port of the StatsLab playoffs mod that I've used for over two years and am now sharing my changes back to the community.

• OSP Players Module 0.1 – Include players list, filterable stats, detailed player profiles and an pop-up information card.

• OOTP Storylines Editor 0.3 – A maintenance release to sync updates made to the beta teams Storyline editor for OOTP 14.

• Open StatsList Demo 0.1 – A demo module showing a simple example of how to use the new Open Sports Toolkit.

So there’s actually quite a bit ending up in this release.

You can read more in depth descriptions of the changes on my development blog.

Have any specific requests? Is there something you'd love to have presented for your league that's too much effort of hard to figure out with other CMS tools? Would you participate as a beta test site and provide valuable feedback for the development of the platform? Let me know.

Last edited by ootpFox07; 02-25-2014 at 02:30 PM.
ootpFox07 is offline   Reply With Quote