View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #16
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romultiltus View Post
Awesome!

I'm a big fan of adding "real-fighter" TC's into the game. made a whole s#*tload of them for my HW universe, but since I suck at rating guys, I just used the TC templates w/o any real hope of keeping historical accuracy.

Also a big fan of obscure TC's w/ cool names - just to fill out the universe.

Look forward to this project!
I'm not guaranteeing "historical accuracy" either since I'm using the templates with a tweak or two, but I'm looking for cool names and trying for a mix of locations. Since most of the TC candidates in box rec have only a smattering of fights the templates come in handy since most of these guys have losing records against really poor competition. I am trying to verify the existence of guys I'm not finding in boxrec in another record source before converting the file into a "real" fighter.

As far as names go, I don't know if I'll ever beat Pappa Wood Alcohol. Couldn't resisit adding him even though I didn't have a weight for him or for his opponent.

If I find interesting looking guys that are better than the TC templates, solid one rated guys, I'm keeping a record of their name and boxrec info and will spend a little more time creating them at a later point. Right now I'm trying to rush, but the pace of the census is slow. The TC conversion is a bit of a break from the tedium of my census and database clean-up work. Hope to finish the complete project around the time that the new game is released since the new group and note features should simplify work with the planned universe.

Bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title

Last edited by bear; 09-04-2007 at 08:05 AM.
bear is offline   Reply With Quote