View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

Simple changes that better find their way into OOTPXX

1. Change to IFA signing period: Make it more realistic, basically no prospect ever signs for the full $5m, and yet usually how it works is that teams will spend big on one or two prospects. Perhaps lessen the quality, or increase the bust % chance, or add more prospects, or all of the above, but that section of the game desperately needs an overhaul.

2. Another IFA change: Allow for slot trading.

3. 3rd IFA change: Scouting Discoveries now cost a randomly determined amount of money. You are asked by your scout if you want to spend it. This represents that indeed teams sign a lot of guys for only like $10,000.

4. Add prospect volatility rating: In minor league baseball, there are some prospects that scouts are fairly certain about how they will develop, while there are others with more mystery. Adding a volatility rating will tell us if a prospect has a better chance of becoming a star (or becoming a bust, likewise).

5. For the love of all things baseball, fix the damn trading block. I'm tired of seeing teams who are leading their divisions putting their ace reliever on the block, and then be willing to trade them for a mid-tier prospect or two that a rebuilding team would accept. Competing teams should put prospects on the block, not key contributors. They should only trade contributors if I blow them away with a stupid deal.

6. Trade deadline experience. You know how you have a cool offseason overview? Starting in July, I want that same sort of screen for the trade deadline, showing the players gained and lost during July for each team. Likewise, I want a "trade deadline center", showing the players that rebuilding teams are shopping around.

Last edited by Cactusguy21; 03-11-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote