View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 03:46 PM   #21
bd001217
Minors (Single A)

3D was working, now it's not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OOTP 18 utilizes some advanced OpenGL features now, which may be problematic on a small number of systems. So, in order to fix the problems we need your help.

But first, please make sure you install the latest version of drivers for your graphics card! Often outdated drivers are the reason for 3D / Facegen problems.

OOTP 18 needs at least support for OpenGL 1.4, but support for OpenGL 2.0 is recommended. This is supported by most graphic cards with up-to-date drivers.

We suggest playing around with the OpenGL settings (Game Settings -> Facegen & 3D tab), you could try setting the "Open GL Shader Mode" to "Disable OpenGL shader" for example, this will ensure the game works with older systems that only support OpenGL 1.4.

If it still does not work, we need to know your exact system specs which can be obtained by an application called Opengl Caps viewer. You can download it here:
Download OpenGL Caps Viewer.

After you installed & started it, click on the tools tab and then on "export data" (see image). In the new window click on "txt export" (see image). Please post the text file here or simply copy and paste the text directly.

Thank you!
Markus

I've been playing 3D games for a while now; I created a fictional league with two teams, all time AL and NL all star teams, 25 men rosters, using their best years.

I was able to play 3D games and from one day to the next, when I try to start a game, OOTP freezes up and I have to exit the program with task manager.

It will play in broadcast mode, but not 3D.

I downloaded GLView and see that I have Open GL 2.1. But OOTP 18 still won't let me play 3D games.

I also don't have a "FaceGen and 3D" tab... I have a "Players and FaceGen" tab in the Game Settings...but don't see any options about Open GL.

I don't know why I would be able to play 3D games and then all of a sudden trying to do this freezes the game up.

Where I can I find OpenGL options? I'm playing OOTP 18.5 Build 56 and don't see any such option in the FaceGen/3D tab.

Thank you
bd001217 is offline   Reply With Quote