View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
ravinhood
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Could this be a bug?

Why would you trade your best player and maybe one of the best players in baseball (Bryce Harper) and your (#5 pitcher) Jordan Zimmerman, star 2b Danny Espinosa and RF Roger Bernadina for a broken down 3b Adrian Beltre (no defense stats on any base anymore), Elvis Andrus (he ain't that great), our ace #1 starting pitcher (Lester Oleveras (sp), and our utility LF Chris Hermann?

I've never been able to figure out why Philly made this trade so easy to get Harper. He's all I wanted at first but I started adding things. Now of course Zimmermann is not really up to par with Oleveras but Beltre was/is totally disabled basically. I looked at the stats at years end and he only got 8 ab's after the trade. Did the Phillies want Oleveras that bad? He went 10-10 for them.

I got Harper for a couple of years to come for a million dollars a year. lol
Just seems like the AI screwed itself in this trade. Espinosa pounded 28 hr's for me too while Harper hit 40hr's for me. Andrus had a bad year only bringing in a .711 OPS and Herrmann for them and Bernadina for me did nothing spectacular (average) either.

Main concern about the bug is it appears the AI didn't even take into account that Beltre had NO STATS for ANY fielding position, nilch, nada, nothing but blank even though he did have some defensive arm and DP stats (that weren't very good mind you). Only reason I got this good trade is because of him and I was looking for a slugger in the stats and leader page. I wouldn't have traded Harper for a Beltre any day myself.

Last edited by ravinhood; 03-19-2015 at 07:26 PM.
ravinhood is offline   Reply With Quote