Thread: Historical Game
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
Edster007
All Star Starter

I played out 1970 and 1971 as two separate historical leagues since 1970 crashed just before the following season started. My problem is 1971-72 crashed right after the playoffs and cant continue. I tried to start a new historical season and no matter which year I pick I am told it already exists. I cant figure out how to delete the current saved leagues so I can actually start a new game. Until I do I cant play at all.

In the game itself a couple of strange things happened. I made it through one draft, when I clicked on a potential draft choice-Bo Berglund, Serge Bernier's stats and name came up. I right clicked on Bo and got "draft Serge Bernier" so I did just to see what would happen since he was already property of the flyers. Sure enough Serge became my property. I then moved to the start of the next season and both John Ratelle and Ed Giacomin got moved to my drafted players list and off my roster. I had to sign them both to get them back on my active roster. They were also the only two players I could do anything with on my list of drafted players.

Scoring seems to be very low. The league leader in pts have done so with totals under 80. The highest GGA a goaltender has had in the two seasons I simmed was 3.13, most were under 3.00. As was mentioned by Jeff defensmen scoring is very low, Bobby Orr scored 8 & 9 goals in the 2 seasons I played out and hasn't topped the 40 pt mark.