View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cobra View Post
I need to know which boxers you prefer to see in the mod, and if possible, rough valuations for them.
I had a look at your startup screenie that show the option of startup cash and boxers valuations. Some questions to help understand and hopefully give you useful suggestions;

Is the initial expenditure on a boxer the sole cash output, for example, is there training costs? Or any other additional costs?

Staying on the money side of things, is there any sort of return, so that a balancing of the books is required. ie a boxer with a bigger draw will generate greater interest, hence a larger purse - a percentage of which the player receives.

Sorry to throw lots of questions at you, just trying to gauge correct valuations for boxers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My line of thinking is;

Startup cash of £50million ($80.79million US Dollars) on easy would currently allow the player to gather a stable of all champions and then some.

Easy should perhaps only allow the player to gather one of the games' superstars and a lesser champion or contenders.

For example, Manny Pacquiao £40million and say Odlanier Solis £7.5million.

(Solis value so high despite only contender status due to the weight division he is in. Which is relative to potential money generated from any championship fights.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would start to break down the weight divisions in order of profitability, importance.

The Heavyweights historically has been top dog, Middleweight and so on.

The above would no doubt have to be part of a larger calculation, as a fighter who is Bantamweight champion, and has a draw power rating of 10, would still not garner a purse that resembles a fighter who is Heavyweight champion and has a draw power rating of 5.

And as such
the boxers should ideally be valued in correlation to standing, draw power and weight class as I've skated around.

Of course these suggestions are dependant upon how you envision the mod, I could be going off track here, especially if there is no expenditure, income side to the mod. But if any of what I've mentioned helps in any way, be enough.

I have lots more questions to ask you, but will wait before unloading more onto you.
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote