Thread: Strangeverse
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 03:34 PM   #565
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2080 Season (Trade)

Traded 28-year-old starting pitcher Radoslav Borovský to the Seattle Sounders, getting 25-year-old reliever Adam Sullivan and 37-year-old reliever Saul Guzman in return. Drafted 28th overall in 2076 by the New York Jets out of UC Santa Barabara, Sullivan bolsters our bullpen at some cost – Radoslav was a solid starter and fan favorite, but we have needs… here we get a top-shelf reliever for a mid-rotation guy at a fraction of the cost. That he finished 3rd in the 2079 AL Kingston Cashmore voting may prove costly in arbitration, it’s a risk we’re willing to shoulder. This one of those, “I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today” type of deals…

Name:  Sullivan.png
Views: 1269
Size:  261.0 KB

Additional silliness:
  • Placed 3B Bump Stanley on the International League 7-day injured list, retroactive to 05/23/2080.
  • Promoted 2B Mattheos Maria from Double-A Barbados to Triple-A Havana.
  • Optioned RP Funky Martín to Triple-A Havana.
  • Demoted SP Orlando Vasquez from Triple-A Havana to Double-A Barbados.
  • Demoted SP Nick Espinal from Triple-A Havana to Double-A Barbados.

Another trade...
Traded 29-year-old right fielder Kyle Weaver and 23-year-old minor league left fielder Jayden Telting to the New York Jets, getting 22-year-old starting pitcher Aiden O'Brien, 27-year-old minor league left fielder Joel Templeton and 22-year-old minor league center fielder Thomas Arrington in return. O’Brien was the 42nd pick of the 2078 draft by the New York Jets out of Ridgemont Community College. Slight decrease in fan loyalty over the move, but, I have no doubt that it will pay big dividends down the road.

Additional Silliness:
  • Optioned SP Cullen Craig to Triple-A Havana.
  • Promoted LF Thomas Arrington from Double-A Barbados to Triple-A Havana.
  • Demoted SP T-Rex Stiles from Triple-A Havana to Double-A Barbados.
  • Demoted LF Benito Mata from Triple-A Havana to Double-A Barbados.

And yet another trade…
Traded 25-year-old second baseman Early Felger, 22-year-old minor league left fielder Benito Mata and 22-year-old minor league second baseman Rodolf Blank to the Pittsburgh Steelers, getting 28-year-old reliever Milt Montemayor and 24-year-old second baseman Scottie Farless in return. I think we fleeced Pittsburgh in this one - Montemayor is a top-flight reliever.

Additional Silliness:
  • RP Sebastian Sibley was designated for assignment and placed on irrevocable waivers.
  • RP Sebastian Sibley was removed from the 40-man roster.

Notes: Yan's been busy - she needs a break... so, we'll get through this set against the Seals, and then get back at it. Kordell & Magee could fetch something snappy, I think.

Okay, I lied... here's one more...

Traded 25-year-old first baseman Magee Ives and 23-year-old minor league closer, Corbin Betancourt, to the Vancouver Giants, getting 21-year-old minor league starting pitcher Adony Moya and 31-year-old first baseman Arnold Webster in return. Webster gives us some additional power, Moya bolsters our already fierce pitching stable.

Other Silliness:
SP Adony Moya was placed on the 40-man roster.
Assigned SP Adony Moya to Double A Barbados.

the Portland Pioneers | the Los Angeles Leopards

Last edited by pauwoo; 01-26-2020 at 10:08 AM.
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote