View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #7
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

This is another area where feeder leagues help. Players from feeders have between 3 and 8 seasons of playing games and of course having OOTP games player development improving them every season.

I noticed the same thing about "created" draft classes a little while ago. It's been a problem over the last two versions at least. After 20 seasons or so there is a serious regression to the mean in draft class quality. I did a little experiment. I created two leagues in two different games and simmed 20 seasons. The first game used a standard "created" draft class, the other 120 feeder teams in four leagues.

The created draft class had 1050 players of which less than 10 were five star potential, Roughly 20 were 3.5 to 4.5, the rest 3 or less.

The feeder draft class had 1128 players with 16 five star potential and between 70-80 (don't remember exactly) in the 3.5 5 to 4.5 range.

Another 20 years of sim saw each draft class with slightly less of each but proportions about the same.

This is a problem that probably should bee looked at but using feeders is a way to circumvent it. Of course, the downside of that is now you are using feeders.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote