View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #13
JLK
Minors (Single A)

One piece of advice, because I have done it too many times, don't wait too long to grab a catcher.

In general I go for the dominate ace starting pitcher in the first round. Then the best player available next with emphasis on a four slot slugger. I like pitching so by the third round I am looking for a number two pitcher for my rotation or a closer. In no particular order I look for a number two slot high batting average player to move my speedster over (did I mention I like small ball?), a catcher, players up the middle as in shortstop, second base, center field. Depending what I did with the third round I will still be in the market for a number two stater or closer. A number three or four pitcher will high endurance to protect my bull pen (another mistake I have made too many times. My starting pitchers are great, but can't pitch a whole game and my bull pen ends up exhausted.) Speedsters are usually available later so I look for someone who is fast and a great fielder.

After that I look for the best available players for the position I haven't filled yet, remembering to keep a lefty/righty balance.
JLK is offline   Reply With Quote