View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #19
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

I originally had players at the average age of the six seasons I chose, but I screwed up the formula in my database and I didn't want to recalculate everyone's age, so I just made everyone 26 (which was the average peak age for everyone anyway). There was an old set on the forums, and I can't remember who made it, where the longer ago a player played the older he was (like Ty Cobb was 42 and Albert Pujols was 18), and I might make a version of this set like that because it's a cool concept.

I made no decisions on who is on the active roster vs. the reserve roster. The AI does that. With injuries on, I can't turn off the AI or else they can't adjust with injuries. Jeff Suppan is on the Royal's reserve roster, so take over the Royals and put him in there! That's the fun of the set!

EDIT: I misunderstood your question. Steve Busby didn't make the set because he didn't play in six qualifying seasons. He only pitched enough to qualify in 1973, 74, 75, and 79. Suppan is a Royal because he pitched more games there than any other one team.

ALSO
Captain Walrus's All-Timers League Quick-Start: HERE
A 48-team league featuring the all-time greatest players in the Majors. Players' ratings are based on their 6 best major league seasons, neutralized.

Last edited by Captain Walrus; 04-13-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Captain Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote