View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #12
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Well, it's certainly true they are riskier. But that also makes them more affordable. So generally, I think for FTP players it's a mistake to ignore them. You can really get some value out of live cards if you are careful about it.

It's also undeniably true that as you move up the ranks to perfect level, fewer and fewer of them become viable. That just makes sense because you're competing against the best players who ever lived...most guys playing today just aren't all-time legends, just a few players can hang really. So you should be planning to ditch most live cards eventually. The question is...when?

In my opinion you can still use quite a lot of live cards all the way up to diamond level and be successful. My SaberCats are pretty solid proof of that. Guys like Aaron Judge, Yasmani Grandal (and of course Trout) are consistently solid contributors to a good diamond team. That team struggled pretty hard in perfect though.

Specifically for perfect level, of those not previously mentioned, Scherzer stands out to me. There are 8 of him in my league and they averaged 3.5 WAR this season. That's pretty solid production for a guy you can pick up for 25k (helped me for sure).

Rendon is also a pretty consistent 2-4 WAR guy at perfect, you could do a lot worse at 3B.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote