View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #12
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Again, agreed. But in the real world when it concerns organizations or businesses there is no fair. There is no being courageous. Good or bad PR is the driving force behind revenue, the most important aspect.

They don't care what's said, done, or even consider what is right or wrong. Their focus is on how much revenue they could gain or lose. A PR rep. will come forth with a line of BS, but the driving force is the impact on revenue.

Case and point is the Duck Dynasty issue. I'm not going to get into the details but you saw the about face when things went wrong when their initial decision went awry. Businesses backtracked and reversed course. What happened? What happened to "We do not share the opinions of blah blah blah" I'll tell you what happened. Their revenue was threatened and they came out with an even bigger line of BS to take it all back.

This is what all businesses do. They don't make a stand. They are never courageous. They do what's in their best interest regardless of what's right or wrong. Take the latest Starbuck's shutdown. Do you really think they give a good god damn about anything but PR?
I know what they do. Doesn't mean I have to sit here & not call it out. Just as they get push back if they decide to wait it out, they should get the same when they jump to quickly. That's what I'm doing. I'm not ignorant.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote