View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #75
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Hoot! Hoot! Holla! Mickey Mantle is in my upcoming draft in a game that already has Frank Robinson, Mike Schmidt, Cal Ripken, Johnny Bench, Reggie Smith (stud in my game), Rod Carew, Miguel Cabrera, Ed Konetchy, Lou Whitaker. Geez Louise! Need some pitching to calm these awesome bats down. Phil Niekro's in this draft as well. Steve Carlton's in the game as mentioned above, but goodness gracious. This is getting cool.
I had Mantle in an earlier RD and he was spectacular when he was healthy. Phil Niekro is in my Hall. Always like it when Reggie Smith does well. He's from Shreveport Louisiana. You must be getting all my studs. Like I said above, I've been having some rather blah drafts.

By the way, I'm in late August of 81 and once again Cleveland is running away with their division. 91/2 game lead over Cincinnati. Been as many as 12 games ahead. This year Joe Morgan is having the great year. Cobb is actually only flirting with .300 and has been in the .290's as much as the .300's. Boggs was hitting .325, before going down with a 6 week+ injury. Rodriguez is hitting .295. There team average is so much higher than the league. Plus, they get on base like no other team.

Last edited by David Watts; 02-04-2016 at 11:08 AM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote