View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
TigersFan84
Bat Boy

Fictional League Setup Question Regarding Minors

I have a 24 team fictional league with full minors (AAA, AA, A, Short A, R) and feeder leagues (roughly 110 teams or so) with 25 draft rounds. I play a combination of stats-ratings in that I disable current ratings but have potential on 2-8 scale with stars and low scouting.

I had set up my minors with 35 players at every level and no limit on Rookie. Every team keeps every level of minors completely full and 5 years in some teams are getting well above 50 players in Rookie while others are in the mid-30's to mid-40s, while randomly checking them one team had 71 at Rookie. It's also led to a lot of players obviously floundering for years never developing and it always irks me when I see 30 year olds in Rookie league.

Does anyone have a suggestion on player-limits and service time for each level? I am getting the feeling I am going to have to change both to keep the players moving on and up (or out if they don't make the cut) instead of piling up and doing nothing but providing useless bodies on rosters.

Last edited by TigersFan84; 06-13-2019 at 12:01 PM.
TigersFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote