View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #16
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)

Well its often an awful team like the Tigers or someone like that so fan's usually don't like us anyway lol

2nd year usually an average ball club. 3rd year is often post season with possible Championship contender.

Edit...

Haven't played enough ootpXX to tell but in OOTP 19 some teams/cities no matter how good you did Fan Interest would only move temporarily with signing of popular players but would then head back to the starting average.

My A's in ootp19 I don't think I was able to get fan interest higher then mid 50s after like 10 seasons of post season play and maybe 4-5 World champs in a row. By playoff time interest would be normalized again.

Now Pirates in oot1p19 doing good did increase fan interest from season to season and you could increase tickets, sell out and slowly see your revenue increasing year to year if success continued.

I'm not sure how OOTPXX handles those teams as I've been addicted to Perfect Team after saying I hated it in OOTP19. I'm only in my 2nd season as Detroit. Went 68-94. Market size Average (no change). Fan Loyalty Average (no change) and Fan interest 52. Not sure if it changed but its not bad for being awful.

Wasn't any fun with fan interest never moving that is why I tried Detroit in XX since at least their market size is average and not tiny but were still awful team with bad contracts and poor minors.

Owner did slash budget from 136mil to 116mil this year though for 2020. But Miggy's 32mil contract alone and I still net 10mil with just him. Well I did eat 3mil a year for Miggy but well worth it.I did eat 25mil of Zimmerman contracr which comes off books end of 2020 but I got a couple minor league guys that I later bundled into some nice trades. Much better then cutting him and getting nothing in return.

Last edited by jimmysthebestcop; 06-12-2019 at 07:07 PM.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote