View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 03:06 AM   #9
rink23
Hall Of Famer

I created a 24-team league (Midwest Baseball League) built through a draft of MLB players going into the 2018 season.
It began with the 2018 season. We are now in the 2022 season.

There are two leagues with two divisions of six teams. Division winners play a series to reach the World Series.
Championship series is best of 5. World Series is best of seven.

All of the teams are in the Midwest. There is a salary cap of $205 million. It is a no-DH league.
In the initial league draft, I think I drafted something like sixth. It was a snake draft, so the next time around, I think it means I picked 18th.
Regular minor leagues. Real ballparks, most are from the past. I tried to tie them to the cities they are located in best I could.
I run/manage the St. Louis River Walkers. We play in Busch Stadium from 1997.

I play out all nine innings of every game and operate almost all facets of the franchise outside of the minor leagues.

We won the World Series in 2018, went something like 105-57. The next year won around 95 games, won the division and lost in the league championship series.
Failed to reach the playoffs the next two seasons, I'm in the midst of a game right now so I am just reccollecting, as my win totals dropped each year. I think it was 91-71 and 87-75 in 2020 and 2021, respectively.

Right now, in 2022, it's getting toward the end of July and my team is 52-41 and in second place in the National League South Division, 5.5 games in back of the Des Moines Harvesters.
My best position players are Andrew Benintendi, Rhys Hoskins and Bo Bichette.
My starting pitching staff is anchored by Aaron Nola and Kyle Hendricks.
My closer is Tommy Kahnle.
You can follow my franchises in the fictional dynasty thread. River Walkers is somewhere in the title thread.

Frequent River Walkers boxscores and league news is posted.
I do a thread for each season. The 2018 through 2021 seasons are in OOTP 2019.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote