View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 03:40 AM   #7
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I genuinely love how much effort is going into this. Blows my stuff out of the water and makes me want to work harder. Go get'em kids.
They love to strategize. I think it started when they were in the Orcin points league and knew that they would not be able to just blow away the competition with their teams. So they decided to keep record of all the top players in their prize range and review their actual performances vs. their ratings.
They tried to understand how the game values certain cards and then tried to get players that met that criteria.

Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of trial and error and lots of competition between them but it kept them interested in the game.
This is probably why they never got bored and did not mind losing. They cared more about the data and building their own teams on paper than worrying about championships.

And as a dad, I would rather have them play OOTP all day instead of playing Fortnite or other games like that.

Their new way of getting into trouble is telling their teacher that Jackie Robinson (on Jackie Robinson day) should not have played every day but instead should have been used against left handed pitchers and maybe platooned with another player. What have you done OOTP?

Next time teacher comments go directly to Markus and DEV team.

Also since they both love collecting baseball card, it adds a great new dimension to their hobby. OOTP taught them about the best of the best and now they get very excited when they see or end up with one of the historic baseball players.
It is just sad that not many kids today know about the game or the players from the past.

I had to smile and shake my head at the game tonight. Kiddo was playing First Base (after going 2/2 for singles) and yells...."I am playing like Rod Carew tonight".
Neither his teammates nor any of the parents had any clue what he was saying.....except for our family on the bleachers. We knew exactly what he was referring to.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 05-01-2019 at 03:56 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote