View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #18
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnlange View Post
yes I would think you would. I would suggest making very specific ratings higher than normal to achieve an ouitcome you want. Also in what context are you creating them? How many leagues are present? I have a total of 27 in mine so the players have other places to go and hone their craft then come back to the Majors and really shine, (or fall flat on their face :-) )

Trevor L.
A little bit of context: this was the very first fictional league I started shortly after purchasing the game. So it really is pretty darn basic. Fictional league, fictional teams, but modeled after the MLB of 1965 (to start). So just 20 teams in the majors and the usual complement of minor leagues. Not many places to go other than a minor league team affiliated with one of the 20 major league teams. Looking to only bring in one or two created players each season (and sometimes none, given that I am randomly generating relatives and sometimes they won't actually be ready for creation as players until many, many years later.) And since the league is called the W.P. Kinsella League (with sub-leagues called the Shoeless Joe League and the Moonlight Graham League), I was thinking also of occasionally creating a player named after a character in one of Kinsella's baseball books.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote