View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 07:12 AM   #9
TXRANGERFAN
Bat Boy

I guess that I must be dumber than 3 boxes of rocks because I am unable to get the import to work. I created a small text file for simplicity purposes, saved it to the desktop.

AaronHa01,1954
RuthBa01,1927
KoufaSa01,1963

I guess I need someone to draw a picture for me. When I go to the transactions and select import historical player, I see the screen that tells me to select master.csv or historical_database.odb file from the database. Below that, I see the default installation folder C:/Program files (x86)/Out of the Park Developments/ OOTP Baseball 17/default_data. In the selection box below, one of my choices is a zip file, database_files.zip. Is that the proper file to select? After I choose that and select confirm, I then get to the historical player import options and choose click here to select file to choose the text file that I created and saved on the desktop.I locate the text file and select it, get to the historical player import options, only make one change to the default by choosing to import the player into the free agent pool. When I try to import, I receive a message that the import failed.

If I try importing one player at a time, following the same procedure, instead of selecting the text file, I enter for example the historical player id, ruthba01 and the year, 1927 and receive the same message that the historical player import failed.

I know, that it is operator error on my part. Would someone please be so kind as to point out the error of my ways? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
TXRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote