View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #41
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Alright, I've found some issues. Some may be Yankees fan bias, some may not. I am using the 20-80 scale on all ratings.

1) Luis Severino is only a 2.5 star, but Aaron Judge is a 4.5 star. I don't see how Judge would have more potential considering Severino is considered a better prospect on most rankings than Judge. Just a thought.

2) Alex Rodriguez has a 55 rating at 3B defensively. If anything it should be 25-30. 55 is way too good for him.

3) Brian McCann only has a 65 rating at catcher. I really disagree, he's at least 70. Trying not to nitpick, but realistically he's better than that. His pitch framing is a big part of his defensive ability, and OOTP doesn't rate that, so I guess I can see the issue.

4) SP Nathan Eovaldi has a 93-95 MPH rating. He should have a higher one because he hit's 98 MPH at some points. I'm also pretty sure he was 96 MPH average last 2 seasons, correct me if I'm wrong. But 93-95 MPH is most certainly too low.

5) SP Masahiro Tanaka's Splitter is rated a 60, as are all his other pitches. That's just false, his Splitter is easily his best and if anything, should be a 70. I'd say 80 is fair. (Yankee fan bias might be too strong) But if anything, it's wrong to have all his pitches rated the same considering his Splitter is far and away his best pitch. I'm also going to argue that he's undervalued in many spots too, despite being a 5-star. He showed he was an ace last year, but I don't know.

6) CC Sabathia is far and away overrated. Firstly he throws 93-95, false, and why I don't get why Eovaldi is also 93-95. He also apparently throws all his pitches at 60 as well just like Tanaka, and it's just not true. Tanaka and CC are way too close in skill, unrealistic.

7) RP Andrew Miller only threw 2.8 BB/9 last year, certainly should be better than 45 control unless the league average was 2 BB/9 which I doubt.

Sorry for the nitpicks, but I see a lot of ratings I dislike or disagree with. I might just be stupid, but there's some that I can't really look past such ass the CC/Eovaldi MPH ones, that CC is overrated, that all of Tanaka's pitches are exactly the same in skill, and Severino.

I'm sure you guys will fix a lot in the coming weeks, but for now please Fix Tanaka, CC, and Eovaldi/CC's MPH ratings. Because those aren't opinions, those are facts in their skills. The other points I made can be seen as opinions, but not those.

Thanks and I just have to say the game IS BEAUTIFUL!
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote