Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #104
Stevo
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Steve - You mentioned that Solihull is the only team to have a full roster in the N2 in game. I'm wondering if you're getting them mixed up with Coventry. Coventry do have a full roster in the game because they were in the N1 last season and have moved down to the N2 this summer following the North's restructuring. As I commenced the research last season, when they were in the N1, they have a full roster in game.
I'm looking at the Solihull Barons right now in the Laidler division after 4 seasons simmed. Solihull has a full team with 7 veteran players with 13 under the age of 18. Coventry has just 8 players after 4 seasons. In the first season Solihull start with 9 players, Coventry have a full team. Because Solihull are at the top the table every year, they are always in the Playoffs which they always get thrashed in. Solihull signing players has got to be something to do with them being in the playoffs or being placed top of the league. Solihull make all their signings in late January which I guess is when the North 1 has finished and Solihull are getting ready for another doomed playoff appearance.

Also in the Laidler division are a Latvian team called Liepaja Metalurgs Juniors.

I managed to get through 4 seasons before the game crashed. I simmed the first season and then took over the Telford Tigers and took the best British players between 14-17 years old. I came third in the EPL the first season and won the playoffs. I won the EPL in the second season. I took over the Sheffield Steelers for the last season and gave myself the same players and came third in the league before winning the playoffs, my oldest players were 19. I really like this fictional game where British hockey is reaping the benefits of throwing lots of money into junior development. It would be great to be able to choose the level of players that are developed and also allow teams to be able to improve this level by putting money into their junior development or Academies.

I really started to enjoy the game, it should be interesting to see the changes made in the next Build.

Last edited by Stevo; 08-22-2013 at 02:24 PM.