View Single Post
Old 12-12-2001, 12:11 PM   #1
Peterk
Minors (Triple A)

Post Active OOTP League inaugural season

Hey Guys,

Sorry about the noise on the bb here, but I just wanted to mention to everyone who responded favorably to the "Play Your Home Games League" thread from last week, that I just sent out invitations to join up a group on Yahoo that we'll be using as our home base at least for the first season. I'm curious (because there have been no responses to the invites yet) if everyone got their invitations or if something went wrong with the mailings.

Also, last call if anyone else is interested in getting a club for the inaugural season, there's probably still about a week or so and plenty of teams left before we start drafting, so just drop me a line!

The blurb from the club's welcome message to give a high-level overview:

More details as we get closer to opening day, but this is what I have in mind:

o 82 game season with fictional players. Home teams play their games. No DH. Generic stadiums for all clubs (at least for the first year).

o 2 divisions, 4 teams in each, at least half of all teams are human managed, the rest will be controlled by the AI. Top 2 teams at the
end of year will play a 7 game championship.

o full financial and scouting/coaching using the default OOTP rules (team budgets expected to be around 55M $)

o on-line draft conducted live.
Peterk is offline   Reply With Quote