View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 02:07 AM   #1
jas80s
Minors (Triple A)

more basic questions

Hello all,

I am still wading my way through the game, but it's really fun and quite addictive, so no complaints.

I have a few random questions.

1. I have Shane Reynolds on my team, but despite the fact that he was a starter for most of his career, he is a relief pitcher in my league. I would like to work to increase his stamina so I can use him as a starter, is there a way to do this?

2. I came across the preseason predictions in the game and I was delighted (yes delighted) to see that we are predicted to finish last in the NL. As a first year GM, I have no problem with setting the bar low! Besides, we're the Cubs and, until recently, last place was somewhat expected. However, I see among the individual predictions are a couple of players predicted to finish with 85 homeruns. Is this normal? My game is set in 1946, not 1998.

3. When I went to auto-calc my leagues, I received a message that certain teams (not mine) have an illegal number of players on their roster. Do I need to do something about that? Along those lines, I seem to recall coming across the minor league schedules somewhere, but I don't recall where. If I switch to AAA for example and then go to schedule, it still only shows the MLB schedule.

4. Finally, and this is a little embarrassing, but I see some players are under a minor league contract, but when I go to negotiate extension it says I am offering 0 years at 0 dollars. Can someone give me a very brief tutorial on how to sign guys with minor league contracts? I think I already pissed one guy off. Just as it says in the game, I am an inexperienced GM.

I am hoping maybe others are lurking who have wondered about some of these same things. If anyone just wants to answer one of these questions, that would be fantastic. I know I threw a bunch of Q's out there.
jas80s is offline   Reply With Quote