View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 08:26 PM   #51
fuzzy_patters
All Star Starter

7/6-7/8/70 @ Milwaukee

Milwaukee offered me a trade. They want Don Secrist in exchange for outfielder Steve Jones. After a horrible spring, Secrist has been pretty good at AAA with a 2.76 ERA. Jones is three years younger, but that is all he has going for him. He's horrible and has no potential. I'll pass.

AL Player of the Week: California C Jose Morales- .524-3-6
NL Player of the Week: Pittsburgh RF Roberto Clemente- .500-1-6

Power Rankings Top 5
1. St Louis Cardinals
2. Minnesota Twins
3. Baltimore Orioles
4. California Angels
5. Pittsburgh Pirates

For the second week in a row, we are twentieth.

6/6 White Sox 7 Brewers 2
Tommy John held the Brewers to 2 runs in 7 innings. Bill Melton was 3 for 5 and Carlos May chipped in with a homer.

Meanwhile, the streaking Cardinals have a 15-game winnings streak.

After the game, the Brewers traded away Chuck Hinton, who homered in the game. The veteran catcher, whom they claimed off of waivers earlier this year, will be going to Baltimore for 19-year old 2.5 star pitching prospect Wayne Garland and 24-year old 2.5 star potential catcher Johnny Oates.

6/7 White Sox 2 Brewers 1
Jim Magnuson bounced back with a great five inning performance, and Wilbur Wood shut the Brewers out for the final 4. Ossie Blanco had 2 hits, a walk, and an RBI.

After the game, the Brewers brass approached me with a trade offer. They would give me Ted Savage, a pretty decent RF who is hitting .262 with 6 homers this year for Ken Frailing, minor league 2B Jerry Hairston, and 1B Mark Marquess. With a losing record, trading three young players for one 33-year old seems stupid, so I told them to take a hike.

6/8 White Sox 6 Brewers 5
Rich Hinton wasn't great, but he left after 6 with the game tied at 5, which is better than losing. Luis Aparicio knocked in Tito Fuentes with a single in the seventh to win it for us. That was one of Aparicio's 3 hits in the game including his fifth homer of the season.

We got the sweep!

Record: 35-49
fuzzy_patters is offline   Reply With Quote