View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 03:58 AM   #19
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Here's a little thirder pole update for P466.

JasonC23's earlier update did yeoman's work recapping who is leading which division. Allow me to add my 2 cents...

Somewhat predictably, the Frogs, Raccoons, and Red Raiders have taken division leads. As have the Minnesota Bold North--a team which I seriously doubt is legit OL, but seems to have latched onto them nonetheless (winning thrice in the last 5 weeks in OL seems to be working for them though). The Fargo Buscemis (turned into a powerhouse after joining OL) are starting to assert themselves in the NC West. The only divisions that appear decided are both Central divisions. The 5-time Diamond level champ Pittsburgh Thunderbirds are way behind the Radbourns in the AC; likewise, the Jazzy Jazzmen are sucking Minnesota Bold North exhaust in the NC. Interesting to me (and perhaps me alone) the Backyard Melonheads are really struggling at 17-36. This is a super defense team that the Frogs defeated in the PL series recently. As one might expect in what is left of OL, the wild card chases in both conferences figure to be very competitive.

Standout performers so far for the Frogs? Well, SE Norm Cash appears to be working thru some anger after SE Bill Terry started over him at 1B last week. Cash is putting up MVP numbers and a half: .387/.503/.832 with 17 HR 46 RBI. For a 1B to be on a 10.1 WAR pace, you know he's really thumping the baseball. 99 Yogi Berra is also feeling some type of way after giving way to SE Scioscia last week. Berra is at .357/.389/.678 with 11 HR 40 RBI. SE Posey, the other part of the catching platoon tags back in for SE Lo Duca; Posey's slashing .349/.432/.651 with 5 HR 17 RBI playing only against LHPs. SE George Sisler has reestablished himself as a full-time DH after falling out of favor for several weeks. Sisler's hitting .303/.342/.578 with 12 HR 42 RBI. Last week's league MVP SE Richie Ashburn (9.2 WAR) has shaken off a dreadful start and is starting to dig himself out. Pitching-wise, Ed Walsh is doing Walshian things. He's on pace to go 27-3 with 9.3 WAR.

Maybe the most exciting news of the day was ripping some packs and seeing a 100 Record Breaker Pedro Martinez pop out. Gotta find a role for him now...

The New Age Old Timer 3 Of The Ages awaits an update from old timer....

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 01-22-2020 at 04:01 AM. Reason: I am a poor typist
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote