View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #13
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

It'd be interesting maybe if ratings other than overall were hidden. That's not what I want, that's just what I feel is an interesting idea.

Other than that I wonder about card types and strategy changes... I'm guessing live subbing isn't exactly realistic but I've thought of like a lot of possibilities where the game could potentially be improved or at least changed pretty drastically without suffering in quality when it comes to strategy.

And card types are something. What if there was just one card for every player but almost all MLB players in history were accounted for in packs from the get-go? Again, not what I want or am suggesting should be but just an idea, that way like Jackie Robinson would be Jackie Robinson & Cecil Fielder would be Cecil Fielder in the game...How? Well either you pick a stand-out year or favorite year for the version of the game or sort of a composite of their prime, a la peaks in PT 1.0. Almost...but more like, an average of their 'productive' seasons,

rather than their most productive season or their most productive attributes for any season.

Actually on baseball-reference.com, you can sort of highlight a player's seasons from when he started playing & producing regularly until his last productive seasons & get a statistical average. Not that the ratings are based just on stats but they could be...I mean we can argue all we want but nobody knows! ...Stats seem to do a pretty good job of telling the story...+ some OBVIOUS conjecture.?

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 01-16-2020 at 12:10 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote