View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #360
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I disagree that this strategy exists only because of game mechanics. If I, as a playoff manager, had access to an arsenal of a hundred flamethrowing relievers and I just had to win 2/3, I'd for sure stock my staff with the best of them and forget about the concept of starting pitching. The "exploiting platoons" thing comes up some, but if you're a real life manager and you saw your opponents doing this, then I bet you'd adjust your roster to not platoon as heavily. Makes sense to me.
If we were real life managers, we would be able to respond and react to strategies in real time. The fact that this game utilizes AI managers who do not understand how to implement the strategies we set up (such as my Cedeno defensive replacement debacle in the bugs forum) turns this into meta-gaming.

Nobody should have any issues with legitimate baseball strategies. Cheese is not baseball strategy. It is meta-gaming.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote