View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #17
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I don't know if I can accept that the LTM's were never meant to be set to 1.000 because that's what every standard fictional league is set to. it is the default.

LTM's are used to suppress/inflate statistical output base on the talent in the league which seems backwards to me. The issue that I'm facing is that the talent generated for leagues are too good for 2014 league totals so I either have to auto adjust the LTM's or lower PCM's at league creation.

I understand why they have to have LTM's because it's far easier to suppress/inflate output than it is to adjust player ratings to create the desired output.

For my purposes, I will have to simply use a year that I want, auto calc once, and then leave it alone
The game has always worked this way, even before LTM's were added, except back then it was a huge pain to get the results right. That was back in the day if you wanted more HR's you had to decrease the HR league total.

Then LTM's were introduced but there was no autocalc. It was a huge step, making stat adjustment so much easier. IE you could do it by percentages.

Then autocalc was introduced to do it for you and all was right with the world

The default is 1.000 well, because it has to be something, right? Adjustments are made up and down from there to have your league produce the baseball world you want.

You can argue it's backwards, forwards, doesn't make sense (though I think it does) all you want but what you can't say is that it doesn't work. And isn't that the point? To be able to have a league that plays a realistic game? I'm not sure why you're bothered by how you get there as long as you get there.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote