View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #229
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

I'd find it fanciful to think throwing out an 82 game sample of performance is reasonable. The Warriors haven't played like a dominant team in the regular season since 2017 because they are unable to rather than they don't want to. Last year against Houston (the best team in the NBA) they won because of Paul's game 5 injury and took the Finals because Cleveland were a joke (14th best team in the NBA). This year their path to the finals has been against the Clippers (21st on defense), Houston (ranked 17th on defense), and Portland (16th on D). This Warriors team is past its peak, doesn't play high quality D anymore, and its recent playoff success has been aided by matchups and luck. That's why I'm certain that it's possible that Toronto (5th on defense) could have the "experts" scratching their heads wondering what happened. I'd definitely have favored Milwaukee over Golden State with their brilliant, league best defense. The worm may be turning with the East having a run of humiliating the West. This Final could be a great and f*cking delicious start to that trend.

Last edited by darkhorse; 05-27-2019 at 04:48 PM.
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote