View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #94
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
36 teams would stretch the talent way too thin. I think 32 is good unless American football picks up internationally. Talking heads in basketball have brought up reducing the NBA by two teams. Lebron even said it. And that's basketball, which has a huge international base.
Basketball internationally is, and forgive me if I come off rude but, trash. It's pretty apparent that Americans still dominate the sport and the international aspect doesn't help at all because the best Euroleague player is probably a sixth man or occasional starter on a mid-tier NBA team, it doesn't help that some of the best players in Europe are literally Americans who couldn't get beyond the G-League.

American football has a much bigger playerbase within the United States and a lot of college football players who are on the NBA level but just can't hack the practice squad because of roster limits. The ability to change this, add more teams, make Football international or just create a spring league in FOF9 would counter any concerns anyway, especially as the game would adapt to that.