View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #972
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

I'll honor a Dev request to keep comments on Perfect Team balance to this thread.

I'm new to the OOTP series. I bought my first ever edition this year prior to even hearing about Perfect Team. Once I got my hands on Perfect Team, it felt a lot like my childhood days of playing the board game Superstar Baseball. Super exciting!

Because of this, when OOTP 19 went on sale this year, I bought 2 of my friends the game when it was on sale as early Xmas presents....neither of whom were what you'd call huge baseball fans...(one of them had no idea who most of the big names from the 70's-80's were for example).

Despite the above, we all tried it at first and fell in love with the game!....at least for about 7-8 weeks of play. It was a blast looking for that "diamond in the rough" that you theorized would help your team compete at a value! I'm sure most here can relate to this. :P

Recently though, all 3 of us have come to the conclusion that even after spending a reasonable amount of money ($20-$40) we have determined that it can move you up almost too quickly in leagues (2 of us are in Diamond, 1 in Perfect) but once you achieve this level you are seriously outmanned by the Whales who obviously are spending much more than we are. Moreover, the players we need to upgrade to compete at this level are so prohibitively expensive that it will take months and months (if not years) to save the points needed to acquire them.

Because of the above, all 3 of us are waning in our interest and its a real bummer. I see similar sentiments talked about on the board here. It's a real thing going on in the PT universe.

I know there are people out there who love the game so much they can't stand to hear criticism about it, but Devs need to know the status of the game for those that are losing interest. I want PT to be successful. I think there are solutions to continue to make PT fun for all. I hope they consider the feedback as intended which is to improve it for all rather than how some characterize it as "whining".

Thanks for your attention to my humble thoughts.
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote