Thread: Kareem Hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I'm just getting into this story now. Apparently, the video leaked online which preempted the police and the NFL because the Chiefs took it upon themselves to release Hunt anyway. What's your take on that?
TMZ evidently bought the vid & released it. That's what sent the NFL & police into scramble mode. The authorities & the NFL come out stinking in this fiasco.

Cleveland PD claims the responding officers had no evidence a crime had taken place. Yet they seized possession of the security tape. What was the purpose of collecting it then?

They also claim since it was a misdemeanor (again, they had evidence of a crime?) there was no reason to look at the tape. What kind of reasoning is that? Why store evidence when you aren't going to do anything with it?

Again, I'm against employers policing off the clock conduct. But since the NFL has claimed a moral responsibility to handle these situations, they look like pathetic, incompetent, insincere grandstanders. They told the Chiefs to stop investigating because they were taking charge. They then "investigated" by not even interviewing Hunt. Kareem, of course, wouldn't have told them the truth. It still doesn't excuse not even taking the opportunity for Kareem to lie to them. Then you question their drive to get the truth when you see TMZ was willing to pay for the tape & the NFL seemingly made only token attempts to view it.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote