View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #41
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

GOOD NEWS!!!

while it has taken a long time due to some health issues, time constraints mixed in with some technical difficulties, we are finally getting close to re-launch. so much so that I picked up a domain name. ootpwiki.info (it doesn't point to the right site yet, but we are getting there)

I do want to let you all know why it has taken so long. first reason is my concussion recovery has taken a very long time, if you ask those around me I am still in recovery, but it's difficult for me to see day to day.

second is time. I am also trying to start a not-for-profit art shop for young artists so that eats up my time.

the third is technical I have tested various set-up configurations and the one with the best performance (windows/IIS) also happened to be the one I couldn't consistently build stable. one time I would build it just fine. the next 3 I would have all kinds of problems. I was severely tempted to put it back on the paid server and live with the crappy performance.

but instead I decided to spend about 2 working days on the Microsoft website and teach myself how to use IIS. now I can almost build it blindfolded, my test wiki site is humming like a songbird. so we are now at the final step of importing the current site and making some performance tweaks to the wiki its self.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 03-13-2014 at 08:31 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote