Thread: Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #23
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
OOTP is pretty much the only game I play anymore though I did pick up the new Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball game and find it is very well done. I will get in some seasons with it but every time I play I find myself thinking it's time that could be going to my OOTP league

Other than OOTP most of my time is spent playing guitar. I picked it up about 5 years ago after the kids were out of the house and done with college. This is very time consuming and, unfortunately, has taken away most of the time I used to spend reading

I am noting the recommendations of fiction crime authors and series to follow in this thread. It's giving me the desire to give a couple of these a go. Hopefully with retirement 2-3 years away I will again devote significant time to reading again. Back in the day I was following the John Sanford Prey series with Lucas Davenport.

My favorite genre is a mix of fiction and non-fiction IE books like "The Winds of War" but good ones are hard to find. That or I don't know where to look.
Oh man, if you like Sandford's Prey series, give his new series featuring Virgil Flowers a shot. I still look forward to each and every Prey book, but I think I crave each new Flowers book even more.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote