View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #60
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

So I kinda set the regulars in at the beginning of the week. Something close anyway, to what I was playing before the experimental 2036.

On the good news front the team is playing well (.614) and in 1st place.

On the less good news front I had mo fun last week... and sometimes I can't remember exactly sort of who I want to not experimentally sub in (like who is even on my team)...I mean, I can name the players but at different points, I could kind of keep track of exactly what the *Options* were as far as starters, bullpen, lineup, positions. I've pretty much stuck with my best player(s) at each position so far this season & I've mostly been a bit surprised by the offense at times...scoring as much as they do...put up 25 runs one game, got that Pounding achievement....because although it's my best players the lineup doesn't look ideal to me. The pitching has kind of over-performed too but only to the extent that this season has been very unusual in that it's been predictable. I play well against teams I match up well against and get beaten against the teams that I don't to this point. That has not been the case for many of my seasons. Like all my wins are against teams with worse records than mine and all my losses against teams with better. That's only a slight exaggeration. I'm probably 50-15 against teams with worse records than mine and 5-20 against teams with better records than mine or a bit worse.

So the playoffs are a real possibility again but if that trend continues, it's another early exit.

See how it goes...I did have some fun Mon-Wed to be honest, a lot of the games had little interesting tidbits that I enjoy but I'm ready to vacation and let auto-pilot take over for 5-10 days at some point in the near future, probably all the substitutions last week. I just looked over the list. I did pretty good even though they came up a game short of the postseason.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 08-01-2019 at 02:47 PM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote