View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #1158
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJack View Post
A tremendous loss to the baseball community and the world, Ray Peters passed away on May 4, 2019 at the age of 72.

Although his major league career was brief, Ray was a friend to many. He and I had swapped emails going back to 2014 when he came across a custom card I'd done of him. We talked about many things. And I was far from the only one. Ray was a real mensch, one of the best people I've ever come into contact with, even if I never met him in person. He made it his life's work to ensure that his teammates would never be forgotten. And, as explained in this piece, he was thrilled to finally get a Topps card of himself with the Brewers--the team he reached the majors with--earlier this year. It took 50 years, but he finally got it. God speed, Ray. I'll miss you.

https://offhiatusbaseball.blogspot.c...peace-ray.html
Mr. Peters was very informative and very nice. took time to answer questions if he knew the answer. he will be missed. my thoughts and prayers to his family. I have quite a few custom made cards of him that I have done and also others that had created them for me. was one of my favorite people.
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote