View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
TreeRol
Bat Boy

You have been released from your duties

I'm playing a Standard Game that is in the year 2029. MLB has finally expanded, and I took over as GM of one of the expansion clubs. When the 2029 WBC came around, I took a job as GM of the USA (as I have every time since the save began).

Unfortunately, this time when the tournament is over, I get the message "You have been released from your duties with the Indianapolis Timberwolves" rather than the customary "...with the United States."

It removes me and all of the MLB-level staff from this team. So even if I go into commissioner mode and assign myself, I still have to hire staff (and clean up the messes that the CPU makes with the rosters).

I've stopped the program (to avoid auto-save and go back to my last save) and gone through the tournament a few times to see if I can stop this from happening. I checked the "can't be fired" box, but that didn't work. (It appears I don't actually get "fired" as such, because I never receive an e-mail saying it.) I quit my job as GM of the USA, but once the tournament is over I still get released from my regular job.

My guess is that the program tries to release you from "team 30" (with the standard MLB teams being 0 through 29), but now there's an MLB team in the "team 30" slot, so it releases you from that.

Can anyone help me? Unfortunately it auto-saved on March 1, so I can't go back before I took the USA job. If I can't fix this either my save is over, or I have to just suck it up and Commish-assign myself to the team and try to hire all my staff again.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote