View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Football thoughts - week 19

One thing that has stood out to me in the post season is the refereeing. Especially in the defensive backfield. I know refs supposedly don't want to decide the game. But not calling a mugging, a grab on a jersey, holding down the field is deciding the game.

And it is really bothersome when the calls are off balance, namely vs one team. KC has themselves to blame for allowing Tennessee to make a comeback. But the refs may have let the window stay open a little longer than it should have been. Then the Titans got it in reverse the next week vs the Pats. You hear all the time " Bad calls happen all the time". True, but the law of averages say it should happen both ways. It's a terrible look when one team has to endure official incompetence.......

......Anyone think the replay officials have been reminded about the "indisputable evidence" clause in recent weeks?......

......Mike Mularkey thinks he's loyal. That's why he left the Titans instead of making changes to his staff. He's not loyal. He's stupid. I know you may not want to fire a close colleague. But once it's made clear a couple of coaches have to go, or everyone will go, it seems like you would show loyalty to the remaining members of your staff and help them keep their jobs. Now everybody is looking for work........

........The story is Big Ben & Todd Haley had a personality clash. If the reports are true, it's silly on both parties part. But especially Haley. From what I've read, Haley is, in a word, "intense". An "in your face" type of coach. When you have a talented player, your job as a coach is to adjust in the best way that gets the most out of him. Not everyone responds to a profanity laced tirade. Others need to get their butts kicked every once in a while. When you see your player is chafing under your style, especially if it involves yelling, how hard is it to be nicer to another human being? It's a sorry show seeing a productive tandem broken up because they couldn't just try to get along during work hours.......

........My favorite video of the Minny Miracle. Put on your earphones & just listen to the stadium. The volume from TV doesn't do the moment justice......

......So far in the playoffs, I'm 2-2 each week. I'm predicting the Patriots & Vikings this Sunday. I have to say the way Minny won last week has got me nervous. To me, it is kind of hard to get the hormones pumping early in a game after a miraculous buzzer beater the game before.......

.....What happened to Rich Kotite?
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote