Thread: Bullpen Idiots
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #17
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
To say it doesn't happen is just silly, I believe no reliever admits he's tired when warming up, but I don't believe for one second that they all sit down before they get tired. Just because people can't remember to stop warming a guy up, and eventually he gets tired is not grounds for the system being broken, what is broken is the memory of the person playing the game. If you are so into playing games out that you want to use the Bullpen warm up feature, don't complain when it fails you because of your own inability to use it properly or efficiently. Your goal should be to figure out how to not let relievers get tired, not to have OOTP make a new setting for everything you have a problem remembering to do!

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. A professional relief pitcher knows when he is ready. He is not going to continue to throw pitches and tire himself out in my opinion. Also, see post #16. That should not be happening.

As I espoused above, there might be a better solution? I don't manage games so it really doesn't matter to me. However, I tend to agree with the OP's post. YMMV
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell

Last edited by Dargone; 03-28-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: to mention post #16
Dargone is offline   Reply With Quote