View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #59
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Sit down with GM Wells

Alright guys so I thought I would take this time to sit down and talk about what I see Arizona being in the final months of this season. We have 22 games remaining and a serious shot at getting the #1 Draft pick this year as we sit only 5 points out of last place in the NHL. I know we are also only a few points out of 8th in the West (Seriously it makes absolutely no sense how we can be so close to both) but I think the best way to the Coyotes to improv is to do the following:

1) Rest Mike Smith - The man has almost 5 games on the next goalie behind him on GP and has been in net for all but 2 of our games! he needs a break! so we will be playing him sparingly. Thomas Greiss will start 3 games and then Mike will start 1. This will give Greiss 17 Games to finish off the Season and Mike only 5. I want to do this so that we can A) not have a serious injury to Mike and B) maybe raise our chances at the #1 pick.

2) Play our Young Stars more - Obviously the best way to improve our young guys is to give them time on the ice! That doesn't mean all my young guys are going to be first liners but I want to even out the playing time much more for the guys and give them experience on the Ice. I think this may also help my older players who at this time of the season are starting to fatigue.

3) Go defensive - I have decided that our offence just isn't good enough to go against others in the league and will be becoming a much more defensive club. I know this will lead to some more boring games but that is okay, I want my guys to gain valuable experience and the only way I see that happening is through teaching great defensive skills to lead to offence.

Please let me know if you will agree to stick around for the rest of the season as we go through a tough last 22 games but look forward to getting a great off season going!

Thank You,
GM Dean Wells
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote