Thread: Stats Only
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #82
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtm View Post
The Wolf and others, I'm working on putting a Stats Only league of my own together and, although I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to set this up, I was hoping some of you that play could answer a few questions for me. I looked through this thread as well as the other that The Wolf put a link to on page one. Hopefully these are easy to answer.

1. With your fictional stats only league, do you have your game set up to generate International Free Agents? I'm leaning towards no and just using my feeder leagues for players.

2. When it comes to feeder leagues, do you normally have more high school than college teams? Or doesn't it matter and it's my preference.

3. Storylines.... I'm thinking of turning these off, as I really don't want an "outside influence" to mess with my league. I'm also disabling league evolution.

4. Minor leagues...I'm going with AAA, AA, A, and Rookie Leagues, and currently have the roster limits at 25, 25, 30 and 35. I've seen some set to no limit for all levels, some set to 25 for each level except rookie that's no limit. Wondering what most of you go with here.

5. I'm thinking of keeping my league "time" constant at 1972 stats rather than changing with history, since it's fictional and I'm disabling evolution. Is this what most of you do or do you let the stats evolve over time like in real life?

6. And finally, I see that when the league creates the minors, the default is for DH in both leagues. Is there any reason to keep the DH in the minors if I plan on not using it at the Major League level?

Any info anyone would like to share, I'd appreciate. I've been playing OOTP for several versions now and although I enjoy the game, I've mainly played historical and usually end up giving up somewhere along the line. I've decided to go full into stats only and see if this is the spark that keeps me coming back day after day.

Thanks all and I look forward to hearing what all of your thoughts are.
1. No.

2. I use the recommended number and balance them.

3. I turn them off.

4. I do full minors, standard size. I have done it at 35 for all except the Rookie League, that works too.

5. I pick an era and stick with it.

6. I have turned DH off and had DH for all. Either works. It's a personal preference.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote